It could have been more on Friday night against Perth at Allianz Stadium, but in the end we settled for a comfortable 2-0 win to maintain our undefeated start to the season.
Check out some of the key stats and facts to come from our Round 4 win.
- Sydney FC have now claimed six A-League victories in succession against Perth Glory; conceding only two goals in that time.
- Sydney attempted 14 shots in the first half of this game, no club has recorded more in the first 45 of an A-League game since Adelaide's 15 v Phoenix in January 2017; Sydney scoring with only one of those 14 efforts.
- Bobô has now scored four goals in his last three appearances for Sydney; he did fail to covert three big chances in this match however (including a penalty), the most by any player in an A-League game this season.
- Matt Simon (Sydney FC) became only the third striker ever to reach 200 A-League appearances (including play-offs); he came off the substitutes bench to get there.
- Liam Reddy (Perth Glory) made seven saves in this match and was made to face three penalties (most by a team since Melbourne City took three against Glory in December 2016); no goalkeeper has recorded more stops in a single A-League match so far in this current campaign.
2017/18 Sydney FC Memberships available NOW. Full Season Memberships available from $270 for Adults and $630 for families, or if you can’t commit to all games non-ticketed Memberships from $75! Become a Sky Blue Member today – CLICK HERE