Sydney FC’s run to the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 Premiership has seen Head Coach Graham Arnold’s men brush aside all before them to create history and break countless records.
The Sky Blues have broken Australian footballing records dating back over 40 years and have established themselves as one of the best Hyundai A-League teams in history.
Check out the phenomenal stats of Head Coach Graham Arnold’s squad:
- The Sky Blues have set a new record for points accumulated in a 10-team competition over 27 Rounds – 59 points.
- Should the Sky Blues remain undefeated for the remainder of the season they will equal the record for least number of losses in a season – 1.
- Sydney FC currently hold the record for least goals conceded (11), overtaking Heidelberg’s 1985 record of 17.
- The Sky Blues stoic defence have set the Hyundai A-League record for most clean sheets in a season – 14.
- Head Coach Graham Arnold holds the most Hyundai A-League wins for any Sydney FC Head Coach (40 from 79 games), overtaking Vitezslav Lavicka’s record of 34 wins from 89 games.
- The Sky Blues are the only team in Australian football history to stay in outright first position for an entire season.
- Sydney FC are level as the team with the most wins in a single season in Australian football history (18).
With further records on the line with three rounds remaining, make sure you’re at Allianz Stadium this Saturday to see your Hyundai A-League Premiers in action against Melbourne City (kick off 7:50pm AEDT).
SYDNEY FC take on Melbourne City FC on Saturday 1st April and tickets can be purchased by clicking here.