Sydney FC are set to contest their oldest annual pre-season fixtures on Tuesday night, as they face Macarthur Rams at Campbelltown Stadium (kick off 7:30pm).
The Sky Blues have enjoyed the Rams hospitality since 2009, and are set to again put the Hyundai A-League squad through their paces ahead of the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 season with a meeting against the eighth placed PlayStation 4 NPL 2 NSW Men’s team.
Here are the top five things about our Campbelltown trip:
- There are plenty of goals. With 22 goals shared between the sides in their seven encounters to date, including 12 in the last two games, there’s always something to cheer about over the course of the 90 minutes at Campbelltown Stadium. Notable goal scorers to date include former Sky Blue fans’ favourite Ali Abbas, former marquee Nick Carle and Socceroo Terry Antonis.
- A first glimpse. We’ve a fantastic Membership base in Western Sydney and Tuesday night’s clash is the perfect opportunity for many to catch first sight of our new signings, as well as see how the new boys are settling in, while also assessing which of last year’s squad are looking sharp ahead of the new season. Stick around after full time and you might even get to meet some of the squad.
- The stadium. An intimate stadium that gets you close to the action, the Sky Blues Hyundai A-League squad enjoy a strong record at the venue. Out of the nine matches played there across the Pre-Season Cup, Hyundai A-League and Macarthur Rams pre-season encounter, Sydney FC have won six and drawn three of those matches, losing none.
- The food. From charcoal chickens to the Leagues club on the doorstep and one of the few remaining Sizzler restaurants in the state, there’s no shortage of options for dinner ahead of kick off or for that post match feed on the trip home.
- The transport and your attendance. We to love to see our Members and fans in attendance wherever we go, and Tuesday night is no different. With Leumeah Station just across the carpark from the ground, it’s so easy to get there! Catch the 17.57 from Central and in just over an hour arrive there with ample time for kick off. Plus there are a number of return trains after the final whistle.
We look forward to seeing you there cheering on your Sky Blues ahead of the 2016/17 season. Tickets are available at the gate and are priced at $12 for adults, $5 for children and concessions and $25 for a family.
Sydney FC 2016/17 Memberships on sale now. Sign up HERE