Friday night football takes us to Gosford as your reigning Champions take on the Central Coast Mariners at Central Coast Stadium (kick off 7:50pm AEDT).
While the Sky Blues are unbeaten at the top of the league, the Mariners are still searching for their first win of 2017/18.
Check out all the key stats ahead of the opening game of Round 6:
- Sydney FC have won eight of their last nine Hyundai A-League games against the Mariners (D1), and haven’t lost to them since March 2014.
- There have been 19 goals scored between these sides in their last four Hyundai A-League clashes at Central Coast Stadium, with no clean sheets kept in that span.
- The Mariners have drawn their last two Hyundai A-League games, the last time they went longer without a win or a loss was in January 2010 (D3).
- The Sky Blues have kept three clean sheets in their last four Hyundai A-League games away from home, winning three and drawing once in that run.
- The Mariners (2,499) and Sydney FC (2,477) have attempted the most and second most passes respectively of any teams so far this Hyundai A-League season.
- Graham Arnold’s men have scored three goals in the 15 minutes immediately after half-time, more than any other team this Hyundai A-League season.
- Mariners midfielder Tom Hiariej has hit seven shots at goal from outside the box this Hyundai A-League season, only two players have attempted more (Daniel Adlung 9, Roly Bonevacia 8).
- Sydney FC star Josh Brillante has attempted 211 passes in opposition territory this Hyundai A-League season, and completed 167, more than any other player.
2017/18 Sydney FC Memberships available NOW. Full Season Memberships available from $270 for Adults and $630 for families, or if you can’t commit to all games non-ticketed Memberships from $75! Become a Sky Blue Member today – CLICK HERE