Sydney FC 3 (Le Fondre 12’, Barbarouses 58’, Ninkovic 65’) def. Perth Glory 1 (Fornaroli 44’)
Sydney FC have now won 12 out of their last 13 games against Perth Glory with a comprehensive 3-1 win against the West Australians at HBF Park.
Moments That Mattered:
- Le Fondre Goal – 12’ – After Ninkovic wins a penalty for the Sky Blues, Le Fondre makes no mistake with the spot kick, blasting it into the back of the net.
- Redmayne Save – 28’ – Redmayne is needed for the first time in the night, saving a low shot at close range from Fornaroli.
- Fornaroli Goal – 44’ – Chianese tees up Fornaroli in the box and he lashes his volley to the left of Redmayne.
- Barbarouses Goal – 58’ – A pin point through ball from O’Neill sets up a devastating finish into the far left from Barbarouses.
- Barbarouses Chance – 63’ – Barbarouses almost has a double within minutes as his shot towards the bi-line rustles the side netting.
- Ninkovic Goal – 65’ – A neat lead up play sees Grant poke it into the path of Ninkovic who calmly side-foots it into the bottom right.
- Redmayne Save – 79’ – Redmayne makes a clutch reflex save at his near post to deny Djulbic.
- Fornaroli No Goal- 83’ – Perth have their goal overturned by VAR after Fornaroli was clearly offside.
What They Said: Kosta Barbarouses: "We were clinical, once we got ahead we defended really well.
On Adam Le Fondre: "He works hard, I work hard, we have to cover a lot of ground but we are both willing to do it and we get along really well off the pitch.
"We have a lot of really good players around us so it's not tough to get along well."
Sydney FC got out to a perfect start when Le Fondre rifled his spot kick into the back of the net after Ninkovic was brought down in the box.
On the stroke of half-time, Fornaroli found Perth’s equaliser following a long ball from the back.
The Sky Blues soon regained their lead following the interval when Barbarouses bagged his third of the season following an accurate ball from O’Neill. Then just moments later, a well-worked team play set space for Ninkovic who slotted it into the bottom right giving Sydney FC breathing space.
Redmayne was called into action after he kept the Sky Blues two in front with a miraculous reflex stop and Fornaroli was offside following a VAR check.
Sydney FC continue their dominant run against Perth Glory in the Hyundai A-League.
Sydney FC: 1. Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4. Alex WILKINSON (8. Paulo Retre 88’), 5. Alexander BAUMJOHANN (Anthony CACERES 77’), 6. Ryan MCGOWAN, 7. Michael ZULLO, 9. Adam LE FONDRE, 10. Milos NINKOVIC, 11. Kosta BARBAROUSES (12. Trent BUHAGIAR 86’), 13. Brandon O’NEILL, 23. Rhyan GRANT, 26. Luke BRATTAN
Subs Not Used: 20. Thomas HOWARD-BELLE (GK), 2. Patrick FLOTTMANN, 18. Luke IVANOVIC.
Yellow Cards: Michael ZULLO 71’, Ryan MCGOWAN 83’.
Red Cards: None.
Perth Glory: 4. Gregory WUTHRICH, 5. Ivan FRANJIC, 6. Dino DJULBIC, 7. Joel CHIANESE (14. Chris HAROLD 74’), 8. James MEREDITH (12. Kim SOO-BEOM 74’), 9. Bruno FORNAROLI, 17. Diego CASTRO, 19. Chris IKONOMIDIS, 27. JUANDE (28. Gabriel POPOVIC 79’), 33. Liam REDDY (GK), 88. Neil KILKENNY.
Subs Not Used: Tando VELAPHI (GK), 16. Tomislav MRCELA, 20. Jake BRIMMER.
Yellow Cards: Neil KILKENNY 36’, Dino DJULBIC 91’.
Red Cards: None.
Ground: HBF Park, Perth.