Would your child relish the opportunity to reach their full potential on the pitch with Sydney FC, whilst continuing to pursue a first-class education?
Our Sydney FC Academy Football Schools program offers young players a full-time training environment, devised and delivered by highly qualified Sydney FC Academy-approved coaches in a network of high performing schools.
Pupils combine their pursuit of academic excellence with year-round football training that reflects the Sydney FC Academy philosophies on playing, coaching, learning and talent identification.
Boys and girls at our Academy Football Schools take part in regular Sydney FC training sessions, which are embedded into academic timetables. Plus, access to the Sky Blues Academy talent identification days, participation in football tours and tournaments, plus training visits to watch Sydney FC’s A-League & W-League squads.
Our partner schools offer outstanding well-being and pastoral care programs, as well as physiotherapy and rehabilitation support and the programs are structured to compliment their game development with their Club and Association training outside of school.
Entry into each school’s program is by application and trials that start in Term 2 for students entering Year 7 the following year.
Entry points and trials for students in other years vary based upon availability.
Find out more about the schools we partner with and register your interest by clicking on your local school at the bottom of the page.
What Is The Sydney FC Academy Football Schools Program?
- Full-time program, integrated into high school study
- Aims to maximize individual athletic and academic potential
- Focuses on individual development in a team environment
- Fully aligned with Sydney FC Academy philosophy
- Proven pathway to the Sydney FC Academy
- Fully accredited Sydney FC coaching staff
- Specialised goalkeeper training*
- Establish program having been operational since 2015
What Do Pupils Receive in the Program?
- Full-time education
- Regular football training sessions per week
- Sydney FC training kit
- Match day and training visits
- Access to talent ID days
- Opportunity to participate in tours and play in tournaments
- Individual assessments
- Access to track progress through a digital player development platform
- Injury prevention program
- Skills Testing
- Well-being program
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation support
- Sydney FC Limited Game Membership
*Available at selected schools.