Finally, football returns! Next Friday 17 July your Sky Blues return to the pitch to finish the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season with the aim of collecting the season’s silverware!
We wish to thank all of our Members for their understanding and patience the last 4 months. Your support has been incredible, and the club has been overwhelmed by generous messages and notions of support.
We are pleased to announce that Sydney FC will open our remaining home games for Members and Corporate Supporters exclusively, albeit at a reduced capacity to adhere to government guidelines.
Current guidelines are restricting us to a maximum of 25% of the stadium’s full capacity, which will mean the club needs to undertake an equitable and staggered process for Members to redeem access to each game. Having worked through a range of scenarios, we believe we have landed on the most equitable process possible during this unprecedented circumstance, but this could change game-to-game based on demand.
For avoidance of doubt the final three home games are currently scheduled as follows:
- Friday 17 July @ Netstrata Jubilee Stadium vs Wellington Phoenix
- Tuesday 21 July @ Netstrata Jubilee Stadium vs Newcastle Jets
- Saturday 15 August @ Bankwest Stadium vs Western United
Access & Seating Rules
- Existing Membership Cards will not provide game access to any Members. All Members will need to log onto Ticketek and reserve tickets on an individual game basis, and use ezytickets to enter the match.
- Due to the reduction in capacity and the need to socially distance, Sydney FC will not be able to secure Members their own seats for any of the fixtures. Members however will be offered a seating choice in their designated membership category (Platinum Plus, Platinum, Silver, Bronze, Cove).
- Membership seating bays have been slightly altered to adhere to required capacity rules.
- Members will not be able to upgrade to higher seating category than their Membership but if your category allocation is exhausted you will be able to access a lower seating category.
- Members will be able to book seats together with their family or known groups, providing all Members have access in the same priorities window (detailed below). If your group has different loyalty status, you must wait until all Members are available to redeem tickets. Your code does not expire at the end of the priority window.
- Social distancing will be enforced in the stadium through customer service staff, and Members are expected to adhere to all guidelines from staff once in stadium.
Member Access Principles
The following process has been built using the following a two-step priority order which will be used for game one, and tweaked to suit demand for games two and three:
Priority 1: Full Season Members (all seating categories)
Priority 2: Part Season Members (Flexi, Out of Sydney, Junior Blue Buddies)
Priority 3: No Game Members (Supporter, W-League)
Each priority group will be able to access the redemption process in order of your Membership consecutive length of Tenure (Loyalty Years).
Wellington Phoenix - Friday 17 July @ NJS
All Member Windows now open for redemption
Newcastle Jets - Tuesday 21 July @ NJS
Access opens from 4pm Thursday 16 July
Western United - Saturday 15 August @ BS
The club will be confirming access passwords per tenure group via email with the ticket redemption link prior to the on-sale period commencing for your tenure group, so we encourage Members to regularly check their emails throughout this period.
The club is still working through access details for the final home game at Bankwest Stadium, but given the increased capacity we anticipate that all Members will have access to redeem tickets for the match. If capacity allows we will also open up sales to No Game Members.
1. Follow the link in your redemption window email and have your barcode ready.
2. Enter your barcode number/s in the password section of the event page and select "Get Tickets".
3. If adding multiple barcodes in the password section, please enter as per example below:
4. Select "Best Available" and a reserved mobile ticket will be offered for every barcode that has been entered in the password section on the previous page.
5. Proceed to payment and complete your transaction.
COVID-19 Outbreak Contingency
Members have asked what would happen in the event someone attending the event was later diagnosed at COVID positive.
All patrons would be notified of this event, but only those who were likely to have had possible close contact (i.e. in a similar section of the stadium) would be expected to seek testing.
For more information on plans to counter the spread of the virus in stadium please visit our next match day information page here
We thank you again for your understanding during this time and we can’t wait to see our unwavering Members in stadium again.
Further enquiries should be directed to email@example.com