Here we list all the achievements of Head Coach Graham Arnold's squad, with the semi-final and Grand Final looming for the Sky Blues.
Check out the phenomenal stats of Head Coach Graham Arnold’s squad:
- The Sky Blues set a new record for points accumulated in a 10-team competition over 27 Rounds – 63 points.
- Victory on the final day of the season saw Sydney FC set a new Hyundai A-League points record, eclipsing Brisbane Roar's record in a 30-game season, and equal and Australian national football history record for points in a season (66 points).
- An equal record for least number of losses in Australian national football history – 1, was set in by Head Coach Graham Arnold's men in season 2016/17.
- Sydney FC set a new record for least goals conceded in Australian national football history (12), overtaking Heidelberg’s 1985 record of 17.
- Combining attack and defence, the Sky Blues ability to score at will and repel opposition attacks has seen a new best A-League goal difference and Australian national football history goal difference set - +41.
- The Sky Blues stoic defence have set the Hyundai A-League record for most clean sheets in a season – 16.
- Sydney FC set a new record for the biggest Premiership winning margin between 1st and 2nd place - 17 points.
- Head Coach Graham Arnold holds the most Hyundai A-League wins for any Sydney FC Head Coach (41 from 81 games excluding Finals Series), overtaking Vitezslav Lavicka’s record of 34 wins from 89 games.
- The Sky Blues are the only team in Australian football history to stay in outright first position for an entire season.
- Sydney FC set a new milestone as the team with the most wins in a single season in Australian football history (20).